Sunday, May 10, 2020

Day 55 and what is the same

What about my life is the same as always?

  • exercising
  • grocery shopping
  • visiting with my Stitch 'n' Bitch friends
  • quilting
  • reading
  • gardening
  • making 'medicines'
  • weaving
  • talking with my family

How is it different? 

  • exercising -- instead of Pilates classes, I walk through my  neighborhood
  • grocery shopping -- instead of walking to the store 5-6 times a week, at all times of day and evening;  I only drive there once a week, during Senior Only hours
  • visiting with my Stitch 'n' Bitch friends -- instead of meeting at Sue's house (and usually carrying home yummy goodies from Scott's garden), we have a Zoom session and everyone makes their own tea.
  • quilting -- pretty much still the same, since it is mainly a solitary hobby; but I am stacking up tops to be quilted for after the SIP is over and Jenna can help me baste them.
  • reading -- I get library books from the Northern California Digital Library, on my Kindle, and never have to return them -- they just poof, disappear, after 3 weeks.
  • gardening -- not much is changed, except for what I am growing, since the stores have a limited selection and supply of plants. There will probably be no basil this year, unless I can outsmart the bunny.
  • making 'medicines' -- nothing changed at all, at all. Unless the cannabis plants succumb to some ick.
  • weaving -- no change, except for what I listen to during. Governor Newsom's noon press briefings are the usual.
  • talking with my family -- we seem to do this a bit more than before, mainly group get-togethers with Zoom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Chickens' First Night

 Sunset  was at 8:11 pm so I went out to the pen a little after 8. The three chickens were milling around, scratching and peeping and seemin...