Monday, March 16, 2009

a weekend full of music

I just had the best weekend ever. Saturday night we went to see the TheatreWorks production of "Ain't Nothin' But the Blues". The norm is to have a really good actor try to sing or a really good singer try to act; this show had seven really good singers who were also superb actors [or were they really good actors who were also superb singers?] Let the good times roll, sweet home Chicago, I could have listened all night long. Nothing could top that.

Then, on Sunday afternoon, we went to hear Gypsy Jack at a small bar in San Jose. The Substitute Preachers were really rocking as we walked in. Poor, poor pitiful me. Uh huh! They did some covers but mostly a lot of original stuff. Can you OD on music? I am still high.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Chickens' First Night

 Sunset  was at 8:11 pm so I went out to the pen a little after 8. The three chickens were milling around, scratching and peeping and seemin...